Sunday, July 1, 2012

All Smiles

I can't stop smiling.
That's quite an improvement over my last post.  But, it's true.
You know how sometimes you have to find a groove?  Or how sometimes you dive in water that is just a little too deep and you get overwhelmed?  Or simply, how somethings just look so much more amazing once you have had a nap and some tylenol?
That's how things have been for me lately!

After my first class I took, and talking to Tonya, I realized that maybe, just maybe, that class was a little bit over my head.  But, I decided to try out the Y Pump on Wednesday.  And, even though it was just as challenging, it was a perfect fit for my fitness regime!  I left feeling accomplished!  And the next day, I work up sore...which was awesome, since that is exactly how I want to feel the next day after pushing myself!  It was just the right kind of sore!

Then, today, I spent time working out with Kathy and Malia.  Those ladies rock!  Let me just tell ya!  I really felt like they helped me push myself a little bit more than I would do on my own, but still helped me "tailor" my workout to what my body can do.

I will admit, that it's hard after working out for 6 months now, after losing 40 pounds and still feeling very limited.  But, Malia was talking to me a little bit during cool down today, and reminded me that it's a step by step thing.  And while I do not remember her exact words, I left feeling encouraged.

I have plans to meet Kathy again tomorrow and work out for about an hour.  I'm hoping that maybe I can set some goals (or at least set a baseline) for some cardio work and that I leave sweating just as much as I was today!

I'm hoping to hear feed back from some other Y members, and also maybe meeting some new workout friends too...so feel free to leave a message!  Thanks for reading and for sharing your tips with me!

P.S.  One lady today told me today that her best work out tip is to take all her negative energy and use it as a catalyst to work out as hard as she can!  What do you do to ensure an awesome workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment